9 HEALTHY TWISTS TO YOUR FAVE CHOCOLATE TREATS
WORDS : Team Brown Paper
Chocolate, otherwise known as the “Food of the Gods” and for good reason! Chocolate is jam packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and is both delicious as it is nutritious.
First things first, we’re not talking about the chocolate bars staring you in the face at the supermarket, or the sugary milk chocolate blocks with chunks of honeycomb, but the real stuff – cacao and quality dark chocolate!
If you’re like us, you’re constantly looking for new chocolate recipes to add to your repertoire. So here you are – you can thank us later!
9 healthy twists on your favourite chocolate treats
- TARTS : a classic and undeniable staple to any memorable dinner party, work event or family occasion. Why not try the Raw Chocolate Avo Tart or the Chocolate Avo and Peanut Caramel Tart. We warn you though, these tarts may attract some attention at the water cooler chats on Monday morning, they’re seriously irresistible!
- Try pairing CHOCOLATE AND BEETROOT – you won’t regret it! Beetroot adds natural sweetness to any dish and is packed with nutrients and flavour. Plus it adds some wow-factor to your desserts thanks to its rich red colour. You can’t go past our Chocolate Beet Cake.
- Sick and tired of making the same old ROCKY ROAD for weekend road trips? Then whip out your spatula and have a crack at this Rocky Road with Edge. We substituted marshmallows with strawberry jelly and boy does it bring some pizazz (and a healthful edge) to this classic recipe!
- SMOOTHIES continue to be in vogue this year so we’re guessing you’re begging us to tell you how to jazz up those smoothie bowls. Smoothie meet cacao nibs, cacao nibs, meet smoothie. These little gems are a great addition as they add both texture (we just love the crunch!), flavour and nutrients.
- Everyone loves ICE- CREAM, and most of us are guilty of having polished off a whole tub on a Saturday night spent in at some point. Right..? Right! Well what if we told you that now you can enjoy it guilt free by making Hazelnut Cacao Nice-Cream?! You’ll go bananas over this frozen banana based gelato! See what we did there..
- CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER.. What a heavenly combo! Have a crack at these Peanut Butter Choc Chunk Cookies – a great after school treat for the kids (and adults too!)
- You’ll want to get these Healthy Vegan Choc Peanut Butter Brownies into your repertoire. Another one to the chocolate peanut butter heavenly combo list!
- Don’t panic, we know you’re getting to the bottom of the list and fretting we’ve forgotten the good ‘ol classic CHEESECAKE. We’ve got you covered. Try this Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake. You may be tempted not to share this one!
- Next time the kids ask to bake a CAKE with you, and you’re overcome with fear because a) baking’s never been your thing and b) you’re trying to set a healthy example for your kids, then fear no more! This Choc Banana Cake with Cacao Coconut Ganache is easy, nutritious and super tasty! We promise!