EMPOWERING BOOKS TO READ IN 2018
Making time for more reading has had a huge impact on my emotional wellbeing in the past few months. Reading was undoubtedly one of my favourite ways to hit the off switch over the holidays for many aspects of life – work, digital /social media and of course that to do list (that I’m conscious always of not making too long!) and in doing so I found some incredible books that have truly empowered my thinking and knowledge.
This post isn’t really to provide a specific review of each book per se although in the coming months I think I’ll share my learnings from some. However what I wanted to share were the titles so that if you wish you can get your hands on the reads that may well change your thinking too. Each to their own though of course!
- “What to do when it’s your turn”, Seth Godin – a philosophical read on showing up and the power of moving forward in life
- “Big Magic”, Elizabeth Gilbert – author of Eat, Pray, Love, however this book is COMPLETELY different to EPL and I must say one of the best reads I’ve experienced especially as a small business owner (although it’s not about small business) because she helped expand the way I think creatively about not only the projects, business elements but in my everyday
- “Earth Healing”, Dr Mahdi Mason – an incredibly easy yet inspiring, thought provoking read on simple actions you can take to make less of an impact on this earth and similarly how to GIVE BACK
- “Gut”, Giulia Enders – Still reading this one, but has to be one of my favourite nutrition science based books to date. Giulia has an incredible way of breaking down the science into a story, almost animation like experience for the reader.
- “The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*%#” Mark Manson- Also still reading this one, and it may not need an introduction as it is an international best seller. So far however I cannot recommend more highly! Passed onto me in our Brown Paper Book Club, well swap, by our gorgeous Chef.