5 nutritious breakfasts to eat on the go
Battling for fast and nourishing breakfast ideas you can pack and take with you / eat on the go? Let us help you…
- 2 boiled eggs with some seasoning such as Herbamare, chilli flakes, sea salt. Whack some fresh cherry tomatoes in on the side and perhaps a cos lettuce leaf which acts as your utensil (lettuce cup wrap) to get your serve of fibre in to start the day too.
- Good quality, home baked banana bread (make it on the weekend, slice and freeze so you have no excuses!) You can find my wholesome recipe here, but if you’re a packet mix kid and need the ease of not buying the ingredients for a change then we like this one as an option purchased at the grocery store.
- Smoothie on the go – be sure to get a half serve (or more if you can!) of vegetables in there – aim for spinach, frozen cauliflower (I purchase fresh cauliflower, wash and cut it then freeze it), sliced frozen zucchini (as per previous too), cooked or raw beetroot or cooked sweet potato (steam this rather than the salt and olive oil option which may leave your smoothie tasting like a roast dinner). HEAPS OF DELICIOUS SMOOTHIE RECIPE OPTIONS HERE.
- Bircher muesli of ALL varieties but I particularly love my Orange Fig and Cinnamon one the recipe is HERE. Make it on a Sunday, pack it into a jar with seasonal fruit and an extra dollop of yoghurt on the Monday – Wednesday!
- Savoury wraps – we like these ones – filled with some avocado, broccoli or any kind of sprouts (not for those pregnant though – high risk food due to bacterial growth), feta or goat cheese if that’s you alternatively a nut based / vegan cheese, or some legumes thrown in for protein. Buy small tins of legumes, aim for BPA free as the inside of canned foods are often coated with BPA, rinse, drain and store for 2-3 days in the fridge to add to fast easy brekkies like these.