SUNDAY MEAL PREP IDEAS
Meal prep is something some of us LOVE about their Sunday and others loathe. For both the lovers and the loathers I’m going to keep popping up ideas up because my role is to support you and make it a bit easier for you to work through different stages of your health, diet and nutrition – meal prep included. Even if you do loathe meal prep, keep at it, it does become more likeable over time, especially when you find simple things that make you happy, lift your energy and health.
This meal prep session was actually a little while ago and I didn’t post it at the time because I was busy getting Brown Paper Eats off the ground, but goodness was I grateful for it.
A few of the ideas and ingredients for you…
- Quinoa cinnamon pops with dehydrated apples – recipe not exact but…
- 2 cups quinoa puffs
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat oven to 160C. Whisk together melted coconut oil, honey, vanilla and cinnamon, then pour over the quinoa puffs and coconut. Spread over large oven tray lined with baking paper and cook for about 10-12 minutes, stirring half way. Store in airtight container. Add fruits or nuts if you wish!
- Oat and berry bircher muesli – I soak oats with a bit of lemon zest, sultanas, water and a dollop of yoghurt (coconut or oat work well) then pour boiling water over just until they are covered. Mix then soak with a handful of berries. A more accurate recipe by Brittany Darling is here.
- Raw juices – there are 3 of us in the house so these go fairly quickly !
- Carrot beetroot celery ginger
- Carrot orange ginger
- Green – probably just whatever green leaves, herbs, cucumber, celery and bit of green apple
- Mexican bean combo to pop into wraps, on top of brown rice or with salad and guac etc – I’ll have to write a recipe for some of the bean mixes I do because they really are yummy and a saviour when you have a spicy, savoury, delicious hankering
- Quinoa salad with ricotta, roast spanish onion, mint, cucumber, parsley – haven’t recorded this recipe, but another delicious one that is quite similar is Quinoa Avocado Salad recipe here.
- Roast beetroot
- Roast carrots
- “Whatever is in the pantry” energy balls – dried fruits, nuts, seeds, coconut cream, cacao – another great recipe on the blog contributed by Amanda’s Wholesome Kitchen is here for you…
- Lime juice – which we’ll pop into gummy jellies together in the coming days – gelly gummies are a massive hit in our home – there are quite a few recipes on the blog.
Will put some more ideas up as we do them in the coming weeks for some of our past MEAL PREP SUNDAYS read these articles.